6-year-old girl left severely brain-damaged, unable to walk or talk after being electrocuted by illuminated handrail at MGM resort

By DAILYMAIL.COM REPORTER

A six-year-old girl has been left severely brain-damaged after she was electrocuted by a handrail at an MGM resort in Maryland.

Zynae Green can no longer walk or talk after she touched a lit-up railing near an illuminated water fountain at the MGM National Harbor Hotel in Oxon Hill.

She went into cardiac arrest after 120 volts of electricity – 10 times the amount needed to power the handrail lighting – jolted through her body.

A security guard rushed to try and pull Zynae off the railing and was also electrocuted.

Read more

scroll to top