A Fun Fiesta Feast for Cinco de Mayo
(Family Features) Cinco de Mayo is one flavorful fiesta and while it may land on a Monday this year, that doesn’t mean you can’t have some fun.
Inspired by delicious Mexican cuisine, this holiday is all about flavorful recipes and great times spent with friends. This year, make things simple and celebrate this festive day with these stress free tips:
- Keep the menu simple with 4-Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas, rice and refried beans.
- Make your own tortilla chips. They are an easy, delicious side dish and you can wipe away oil splatters quickly with a tough cleaner, such as Formula 409, to make cleaning a breeze. Just cut soft tortillas into triangles, fry until crispy and sprinkle with salt, or even a squeeze of lime.
- Create a focal point for all of your party decor with tissue paper flowers in bright springtime colors and a fiesta or party banner to set the stage. -Tip from NoBiggie
- For less clean-up, take the party outdoors. Paper plates and inexpensive table covers will make clean-up quick. Pick red, green and white for a color scheme inspired by the flag of Mexico.
- Try a taco bar. They are a fun way to serve your guests, and you can use your disposable table covers to catch spills, scraps and avoid stains.
- Party drinks can be really sticky – gather abandoned, partially consumed beverages right away to avoid sticky spills.
- When the party is over, grab dishes and trash first, so the mess seems less daunting. It also leaves you free to simply wipe things down with an easy-to-use cleaner, such as Formula 409 Antibacterial All-Purpose Cleaner.
For more recipes, party and cleaning tips, visit www.formula409.com.
4-Ingredient Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas
By Erin Chase of $5 Dinners
- 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cups salsa verde, divided
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1-1 1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease 9-inch-by-13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In mixing bowl, combine cooked and shredded chicken with 1/2 cup salsa verde.
- Warm tortillas in slow oven, or wrapped in dishtowel in microwave. Warmed tortillas fold and roll better when making enchiladas.
- Spoon a thin line of chicken-salsa verde mixture into a corn tortilla and wrap tightly. Place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat until chicken and tortillas are used up and baking dish is packed full of enchiladas. Pour remaining salsa verde sauce over top and sprinkle about 1 to 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted and salsa verde is bubbling.
- Serve warm with side of rice and refried beans.
Notes, Tips & Suggestions
Tip: Prepare shredded chicken on Sunday to save time. Throw 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken thighs and 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breast in a slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.