ST. PETERSBURG — Help spread the word and make a difference by joining the local movement of people who will honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. on Jan. 18, 2016, with a Day of Service.
The MLK Day of Service Advisory Board is holding information sessions to provide a brief overview of the 2016 MLK Day of Service and how to apply for a service award.
With the help of State Rep. Darryl E. Rouson, this is the fourth year St. Petersburg College has received funds from the Florida Legislature for the St. Petersburg MLK Day of Service.
As part of the event, participants can:
• Plan a service project and apply for a 2016 MLK Day of Service Award of up to $5,000 to fund the project
• Serve as a volunteer in another organization or group’s service project on the MLK Day of Service
• Organize a service project and have the project posted on SPC’s website
• Become a donor or sponsor
To apply for a 2016 MLK Day of Service Award, interested groups/ organizations are required to attend at least one of the following information sessions prior to submitting an application:
SPC, Gibbs Campus, 6605 5th Ave. N., St. Pete, AD Room 180
• Thursday, Oct. 15, 6-7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, Oct. 24, 10 a.m. to noon
• Thursday, Oct. 29, 6-7:30 p.m.
Enoch Davis Center, 1111 18th Ave. S., St. Petersburg
• Tuesday, Oct. 20, 6-7:30 p.m.
Information presented at each session is identical. The sessions are free of charge, but advance registration is strongly encouraged. To register visit: http://conta.cc/1MWc90G. The deadline to apply for a 2016 MLK Day of Service Award is Nov. 6, 2015.
About MLK Day of Service Advisory Board
Dedicated to preserving Dr. King’s legacy of service, the St. Petersburg MLK Day of Service Advisory Board in collaboration with St. Petersburg College seeks to engage thousands of local citizens in a day of service.
To learn more visit www.spcollege.edu/mlkservice, or call us at 727-392-8222.