The environment’s natural elements can take a toll on the body. However, taking time to refill what has been depleted from your body, such as moisturizing skin and hair, can make you feel healthier and more beautiful. A similar approach can also help make your teeth stronger and make your smile healthier.
Though busy days may make extensive health and beauty routines feel unrealistic, there are simple ways to make them more manageable.
- Think of the time you dedicate to taking care of yourself as an opportunity to unwind and relax, rather than a chore or another item to check off that never-ending to-do list.
- Look for activities that deliver in multiple ways, such as yoga, which helps tone your body while giving your mind a chance to slow down and rejuvenate.
- Instead of trying to cram a full body wellness session into a single day, schedule activities that don’t need to be performed daily over the course of a week. Not only does that spread your “you-time” farther, it makes fitting it all in more doable.
While a hectic lifestyle can affect the specifics of your health and beauty routine, the tips below are a great way for nearly everyone to get started:
- Exfoliate. Scrubbing away spent skin cells and the dust and grime of daily life from your face and body allows fresh, healthy cells to grow in their place. After exfoliating, make sure to follow up with a quality moisturizer to smooth and replenish the moisture in your skin.
- Rejuvenate. Using a hair mask gives your hair a smooth and glossy appearance, making it feel strong. Similarly, regularly applying facial masks also gives the skin a healthy glow and smoother complexion.
- Protect. In between visits to the dental hygienist, you can continue to polish and strengthen your enamel at home. One option is Colgate Enamel Health Toothpaste, which helps replenish the natural calcium in your teeth and gently polishes for stronger, healthy enamel.
“By polishing our teeth, hygienists go beyond ‘cleaning’ to remove stains and help smooth out enamel, which prevents bacteria from sticking,” said Kristy Menage Bernie, dental hygienist and Colgate Enamel Health Spokesperson. “By adding a toothpaste like Colgate Enamel Health to your morning routine, you can proactively care for your enamel and help maintain the work your hygienist does between visits to help get a beautiful healthy smile.”
To learn more about how to help maintain the work your hygienist does in between visits, visit www.colgateenamelhealth.com.
- Make time for meditation. Take time out of your busy day to sit quietly and mediate. Centering the mind can help relieve stress, improving your overall mental well-being.