Prince diagnosed with AIDS 6 months before he died, refused treatment, believed God would heal him

Prince, who was known for his music and wild sex life, contracted HIV in the mid-90s but the disease developed into AIDS around six months agoPrince was suffering from AIDS before being found dead last week and had refused treatment because he believed he could be cured by prayer, it has been claimed.

The Purple Rain singer, who was a Jehovah’s Witness, was diagnosed with the crippling condition just six months before he passed away, sources told the National Enquirer.

The 57-year-old weighed just 80lbs by the time of his death and had been ‘preparing to die for a little while’, the supermarket tabloid says sources told it.

A source, who was not identified by the Enquirer, said: ‘Doctors told Prince his blood count was unusually low and that his body temperature had dropped dangerously below the normal 98.6 degrees to 94 degrees.

‘He was totally iron-deficient, very weak and often disoriented. He rarely ate and when he did, it all came right back up.

‘His face was yellowish, the skin on his neck was hanging off and the tips of fingers were a brownish-yellow.’

This comes as sources close to the investigation into the singer’s death claimed that he had prescription painkillers in his possession when he died.

CNN reported that the pain-killing substance was found on Prince while the Star Tribune in Minneapolis reported that prescription pills were found where the musician died at the age of 57 last week at his home in suburban Minneapolis.

Both reports were based on unidentified law enforcement sources.

According to the National Enquirer Prince was diagnosed with HIV back in the 1990s, but that developed into AIDS toward the end of last year.

The Enquirer goes on to claim that the singer became addicted to opiate medication Percoet that he was using to dull the pain he was suffering in his last months of life.

A statement by those close to Prince following his death said he died of influenza, an infection that would likely have proved fatal if his immune system had been decimated by AIDS.

Days before he was found dead in a lift at his Paisley Park mansion in Chanhassen, Minneapolis, he had been seen making runs to a local pharmacy to pick up bags of prescriptions.

An employee at the Walgreens that served him said: ‘We were all just shocked that he came in last night looking so beat. We said: “We are praying for you.”‘

‘He said, almost under his breath: “Maybe if you prayed for me a year ago it’d be different right now.” Then he waved and said thanks anyway.’

Rumors have surrounded the cause of Prince’s death, who was known as much for his sexually androgynous stage persona and wild sex life as his music.

The Purple Rain singer weighed just 80lbs by the time he died, was barely eating, and had developed a yellowish tint to his skin that hung off his neck, the sources added

It has been rumored that Prince died from an overdose of Percocet, and had nearly passed away on board his private plane while touring six days before he was found unresponsive at home.

The jet was required to make an unscheduled landing despite being just 45 minutes from the artist’s home, though his representatives again said he was suffering from flu.

However sources told TMZ that Prince actually had to be rushed to hospital for a ‘save shot’, typically used on patients who have taken an overdose of opiate medication.

While the autopsy report into Prince’s death may not been released for several weeks, officers have already said there was no indication of suicide.

Lawyer L. Londell McMillan, who knew Prince for 25 years and at one time was his manager, has denied the singer had an addiction.

McMillan said Prince’s death had come as a shock to all who knew him because he lived a ‘clean and healthy lifestyle.’

Meanwhile the singer’s estate is still in limbo after it was revealed he refused to sign a will.

The artist was found slumped in an elevator at his sprawling Paisley Park home and recording studio complex last week before being pronounced dead

The exact value of the estate is unknown, and it has been suggested that Prince was running out of money because he refused to sell the licences to his music, forcing him to begin touring again.

On Wednesday a Minneapolis judge granted sister Tyka Nelson’s request to have a corporate trust company temporarily oversee proceedings.

Judge Kevin Eide appointed Bremer Trust as special administrator, giving the company authority to manage and supervise Prince’s assets and identify his heirs.

Eide said Prince had no appointed personal representative but had substantial assets and owned businesses that require immediate attention and ongoing management.

The judge also noted that identities and addresses of Prince’s heirs need to be determined. Prince’s only full sibling, Tyka Nelson, requested the move Tuesday, telling the court she believed her brother didn’t have a will.

Prince has five surviving half-siblings who could share in the estate. Legal observers have said the process of dividing up his assets could drag on for years.

Source: The DailyMail

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

scroll to top