Whatever your plans are for using your tax refund, if you earned less than $60,000.00 last year, you can keep more of it by going to one of the FREE tax preparation sites located throughout Pinellas County. You can have your federal tax return prepared, e-filed and direct deposited for FREE. You don’t need to pay $200 or more for simple tax preparation.
IRS-certified volunteers will prepare your taxes and ensure you get the largest refund for which you qualify. You may also be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) when you file. Getting a tax refund will not affect government benefits such as Medicaid, Social Security, Kidcare, Housing Assistance, TANF, AFDC or Food Stamps.
Be sure to bring the following information when you come for your in-person tax preparation:
- 2013 federal income tax return
- Social Security cards and correct birthdates for all family members
- Photo IDs (If filing jointly, both spouses must present an ID and be present)
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked in 2014
- All 1098 forms (for mortgage, higher education expenses, etc.)
- All 1099 & other income forms
- Form 1095 (ACA Healthcare)
- Amount of any income not reported on a statement
- Records of deductible and qualified expenses not shown on a statement
- A voided check and/or savings account number for direct-deposit (encouraged)
- Name, address and tax ID or social security number of any child care providers