Grow Smarter is an economic development strategy with a focus on equity (www.growsmarterstpete.
The Grow Smarter Data Analyst is responsible for translating data into impactful and compelling stories. They will combine subject-matter expertise and technical skills to communicate meaningful metrics to partners, oversee the external evaluation process, research new data sets, design compelling reporting and data visualizations for different audiences, and partner with other organizations to mine data and insights around Grow Smarter’s focus areas. They are well versed in issues around data, equity and have an understanding of, and appreciation for, rigorous data including both quantitative and qualitative forms. This individual must be curious and self-directed. They should be highly motivated and results-oriented; possess excellent time management skills; have great attention to detail; and be credible and comfortable collaborating with, and presenting to, a broad spectrum of business industries and people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce topical data reports to inform Grow Smarter’s work as well as that of its alliance organizations, and proactively present insights into data and its impact on alliance organizations objectives, goals and core values
- Collaborate extensively with partners to understand the local data landscape as well as any gaps in local data
- Negotiate and draft data sharing agreements with relevant institutions and facilitate primary data collection as needed
- Deliver data points that can be used by the team for the purposes of program development, policy advocacy, and strategic leadership
- Coordinate indicator refinement and maintain Grow Smarter’s online dashboard and community needs assessments.
- Plan, coordinate and provide periodic progress reports on Grow Smarter’s efforts and data work for Steering Committee and external audiences
- Coordinate work of Grow Smarter evaluators
- Other duties as assigned
Required Competencies and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s preferred
- Educational background must include direct experience in data analysis or performance management with collective impact experience preferred
- Excellent data visualization skills
- Ability to write clearly and communicate data to different audiences
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience in GIS or mapping software a plus
- Experience with program evaluation a plus
- Collaboration with all departments/ability to work as a team player
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and collaborative skills
- SPSS/SAS experience preferred
- Have an understanding of the connection between inclusive economic development and health/racial equity in St. Petersburg
- Uphold the Chamber’s Core Values of Innovation, Excellence, lnclusivity, Accountability, and Integrity
A resume, cover letter, and at least three professional references must be submitted in order to be considered for this role. Please email all requested items directly to email@example.com.
The St. Petersburg Area Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.