ST. PETERSBURG — The African American Graduates of 1975, Inc. (AAG ‘75) held their 14th annual Old School Dance at the Ocean Palm Event Hall, Sat., Feb. 13. The near capacity crowd of about 200 guests and classmates partied with a purpose. Funds raised from the annual dance supports the AAG ‘75 community service projects.
The evening held several highlights for the partygoers. Entertainment at this year’s dance was provided by The Bus Stop Band. Their rendition of several chart topping hits as well as old classics kept the crowd on the dance floor.
Sofia Forte Catering provided a delicious array of hors d’oeuvre that satisfied the appetite. The amazing gift baskets offered during the raffle had the winners smiling with delight. The grand prize, valued at over $300, was won by Kristina “Red” Rembert.
The newly elected officers for the current term were presented and made their public debut. The new AAG ‘75 officers and Standing Committee Chairs are:
- Sandra Fletcher, President
- Madge Sanders Cooks, Vice President
- Bernita Franklin, Recording Secretary
- Maude “Candy” McDonald, Corresponding Secretary
- Ralph Ferguson, Treasurer
- Valerie Balloon, Asst. Treasurer
- Kenneth Davis, Parliamentarian
- Patricia Davis, Sergeant-at-Arms
- Shirley McCullough Cromartie, Contact Person
- Dena Walker, Chair-Fundraising
- Denise O’Neal, Chair-Community Affairs
- Vinda Bacon Moore, Co-Chair Community Affairs (Act Rec. Secretary)