ST. PETERSBURG – Nutritionally balanced snacks are provided to all children during the After School Program in the afternoon. All children and teens must be currently enrolled in elementary school or middle school to be eligible to receive a snack.
The program is approved for geographical areas where 50 percent or more of the children qualify for free or reduced price meals during the school year.
The City of St. Petersburg Parks and Recreation Department sponsors the program for children at recreation center Playcamp and Teen Camps through the Child Care Food Program.
The following are participating recreation centers with snack service now through June 7, 2016:
- Campbell Park, 601 14th St. S
- Childs Park, 4301 13th Ave. S
- Frank Pierce, 2000 7th St. S
- Gladden Park, 3901 30th Ave. N
- J.W. Cate, 5801 22nd Ave. N
- Lake Vista, 1401 62nd Ave. S
- Roberts, 1246 50th Ave. N
- Shore Acres, 4230 Shore Acres Blvd. NE
- Walter Fuller, 7891 26th Ave. N
- Thomas “Jet” Jackson (formerly Wildwood) 1000 28th St. S
- Willis S. Johns, 6635 Dr. M.L. King Jr. St. N