CLEARWATER – College readiness workshop will be held Saturday, July 9 from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. at 900 N Martin Luther King Jr. Ave., Clearwater.
Our goal is to provide guidance to assist high school students in getting accepted to great colleges and being able to afford to attend those great colleges without substantial loans.
Topics for discussion may include:
• Researching potential college majors and the required tests for each major
• Researching potential colleges and completing college research worksheets
• Test optional colleges and universities
• High school course selection and course performance
• How to get free trips to visit top colleges (the fly-ins)
• Teacher, counselor and community service recommendations
• Summer programs, community service/volunteering and extracurricular activities
• Standardized Test: ACT, SAT, SAT subject tests, including obtaining fee waivers
• College fairs
• College visits
• Managing social media accounts
• AP courses and study aids; free online study aids
• Completing college admissions application, including obtaining fee waivers
Students, bring your laptops or tablets if you want to receive documents during the workshop.
Contact Elaine Thompson Cooper at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Sponsored by the NAACP Clearwater and Upper Pinellas County Branch