JUVENILE WELFARE BOARD OF PINELLAS COUNTY
The Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County (JWB) has been making the health, safety, and well-being of our county’s children a priority for 75 years.
We invest in partnerships, innovation, and advocacy to strengthen Pinellas County children and their families.
June 22, 2021
The Juvenile Welfare Board offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as vacation and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and participation in the Florida Retirement System among other benefits.
|Position Title:||Community Engagement Advocate||Department:||Community Impact & Program Admin|
|Reports To:||Community Engagement Manager||FLSA Status:||Exempt|
|Pay Grade:||105||Hiring Range:||$50,499.08 – $66,905.32|
This position facilitates achievement of the strategic goals of the Juvenile Welfare Board by maximizing community engagement, consultation, planning, advocacy, capacity building, and strategic mission-driven partnerships and projects that lead to positive impact for Pinellas County children and families. This position also serves as the staff liaison to a group of governing volunteers known as the Community Council and helps to establish two-way communications with the public by developing and supporting community outreach efforts. Operates as a conduit of information and assists the community with leveraging resources through creative efforts.
- Provides technical assistance for systems development and re-design, community planning, community engagement, and community capacity building.
- Identifies, recommends, and facilitates collaborative linkages, natural connections, and partnerships for communication and strategic action.
- Serves as the liaison to the South County Community Council by facilitating the timely execution of the Council’s workplan and ensuring meetings are facilitated according to the bylaws and JWB Policies.
- Reports to and updates the JWB Executive Team on all Community Council matters, initiates, grievances, and/or concerns.
- Facilitates data request from the community to the appropriate data sources to guide the decision-making process and the implementation of community-based initiatives through environmental scanning, focus groups, asset mapping, and dialogue sessions.
- Serves as subject area expert and conduit of information between JWB and the Community.
- Participates in internal teams including, but not limited to, collective initiatives, procurement, and data analytics by utilizing subject area expertise and knowledge of community dynamics and trends.
- Serves as a liaison to all aspects of the community including, but not limited to, faith-based, business, government, civic, service providers, and other organizations by linkage to JWB initiatives and programs. Supports training and participates in collaborations that support the mission of JWB.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Social Services, Public Administration, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in planning and/or implementing systems of care, program development, community engagement, community organizing, and/or community planning.
- Demonstrated expertise in engaging and activating community groups. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in diverse communities.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and writing.
- Strong facilitation skills required.
- Knowledge of program evaluation and community outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to deliver on-brand messaging and presentations that accurately and positively represent the organization.
- Successfully pass a Level 2 background screening as required by Ch. 435 Florida Statutes.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation.
- JWB staff shall reside within the Tampa Bay area. Currently, this is a hybrid-remote position and physical presence at the JWB or other sites in Pinellas County may be required.
Interested applicants, please submit resumes by Monday, July 11, 2022 to:
Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County, Attn: Human Resources Unit
Email: email@example.com or Fax: 727-453-5610 Website: www.jwbpinellas.org
The Juvenile Welfare Board is an equal opportunity employer. The Juvenile Welfare Board is an E-Verify Employer. Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, receive preference and priority in employment by the state and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. Applicants interested in claiming Veterans’ Preference please apply at: www.jwbpinellas.org. All applicants are advised that applications in Florida become a matter of public record upon receipt.