Summer P.A.Y.S. is a summer employment and training program for eligible Pinellas County residents, developing valuable workforce skills in today’s students.
PINELLAS COUNTY – CareerSource Pinellas is recruiting Pinellas County students ages 16-19 and local employers to be part of this year’s Summer P.A.Y.S. (Preparing Area Youth for Success) program.
Summer P.A.Y.S. is a summer employment and training program for eligible Pinellas County residents, developing valuable workforce skills in today’s students. It provides funding for local businesses to host high school students seeking job experience. It ensures a hands-on learning experience that pays $12 per hour and offers placements in high-demand industries for the students.
Local students and employers are invited to apply ASAP for this summer’s program at careersourcepinellas.com/summerpays/.
Students eligible to apply must be:
- a Pinellas County resident
- 16-19 years old
- Enrolled in high school or college, or a graduating senior in the class of 2022
- Household income limits may also apply
Participating employers must be:
- Located in Pinellas County
- Willing to participate in an on-site visit
- Willing to complete a worksite agreement with CareerSource Pinellas to have students placed at their business and ensure basic OSHA compliance
Employers from all sectors — public, private, and nonprofit — are welcome to apply.
Work assignments start between May 21-June 30 and last for four to six weeks.