From backyard grilling to days spent lounging by the pool, summer is a beloved time of year for many. Summer entertaining doesn’t have to be a challenge, and with these tips from Sunsweet you can enjoy quality time with family and friends while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Grilling Tip: Marinating before grilling helps to tenderize and flavor the meat. Get creative; experimenting with different seasonings and combinations is fun. In fact, prunes and prune juice are great flavor-enhancing additions to marinades that also provide lots of great moisture retention in meats. Marinate meat for at least three hours in a sealed container in the refrigerator prior to grilling. Check out this recipe using prunes as part of a tangy BBQ sauce, providing both moisture and flavor.
- Salads: Lettuce doesn’t have to be the star of the show when it comes to salads. Make-ahead cold salads are a delicious option for summer, and they allow you to enjoy time with your guests as they can be stored in the refrigerator until serving. Prune Rice Salad is a fun and colorful dish everyone will love.
- Appetizers: Finger foods are the best appetizers to bring to parties. They are easy to eat so guests can mingle and munch simultaneously. One dish that party-goers will be sure to love is Balsamic Prune and Goat Cheese Bruschetta.
- Picnics: Individually wrapped snacks are great for entertaining on-the-go since they make planning and packing your meals a breeze. Try bringing along these juicy, California-grown Sunsweet One Prunes to your next picnic.
- Poolside: It’s important to stay hydrated while in the sun, so make sure you replenish with healthy fluids. The Smart and Slender Breakfast Smoothie using PlumSmart Light is a nutritious and refreshing snack that will help keep you hydrated and energized.
For more, visit Sunsweet.com.