School’s out for the summer, which means many children will go hungry. Fortunately, there is help for families suffering from food insecurity.
Pop-Up Pantries Reach Services
PINELLAS COUNTY — Reach St. Pete is bringing groceries on the go with Pop Up Pantry Bus Routes this summer! Get fresh, free produce, meat, milk, eggs, dry goods, and more. Just show up to one of the route’s stops every second and fourth Thursday of the month:
- Enoch Davis Center – 12:00-12:45 p.m. 1111 18th Ave S, St. Petersburg
- Campbell Park Rec Center – 1:00-1:45 p.m. 601 14th St S, St. Petersburg
- Pinellas Hope – 3:15-4:00 p.m. 5726 126th Ave N, Clearwater
- SPC Douglas L. Jamerson, Jr. Midtown Center – 4:30-5:15 p.m. 1300 22nd St S, St. Petersburg
- Northside Baptist Church – 5:30-6:00 p.m. 6000 38th Ave N, St. Petersburg
Learn more at reachstpete.org/pop-up-pantry-bus-stops.
Summer Meals Assistance: Summer BreakSpot
FREE breakfasts, lunch and snacks, or dinner is available for kids and teens 18 and under through Summer BreakSpot – all summer long! Families have three ways to find a location:
- Call 2-1-1
- Text “food” or “comida” to 304-304
- Visit SummerBreakSpot.org
Summer BreakSpot is federally funded under the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Sites are locally operated by nonprofit organizations (sponsors). Summer BreakSpot sites serve nutritionally balanced meals that meet USDA guidelines.
Free school meal waivers ending for 2022-23 school year
The USDA’s nutritional waivers that allowed school districts to provide free lunch to all students during the height of the pandemic expire June 30. Pinellas County Schools will return to a free, reduced, or paid lunch program for the 2022-23 school year. This change does not impact all schools.
- School meals will continue to be free through the Community Eligibility Program.
- Some schools will return to regularly priced lunch.
- PCS students are still able to apply for free and reduced lunch meal benefits online.
- Online application for free meal benefits is available at www.myschoolapps.com.
- School breakfast will remain free for Pinellas County Schools students.
PCS Food & Nutrition
- Elementary = $2.25
- Middle School = $2.75
- High School = $2.75