CareerSource Pinellas will host a Community Resource Fair to help those who have been incarcerated rebuild their lives and rejoin the workforce on June 14 from 1-4 p.m. at St. Petersburg College Midtown, 1300 22nd St. S.
ST. PETERSBURG — CareerSource Pinellas will host a second Community Resource Fair, co-hosted with Pinellas County Urban League, on June 14 from 1-4 p.m. at St. Petersburg College Midtown, 1300 22nd St. S.
“We host many job fairs and hiring events throughout the year, but these events are a special, targeted effort to help those who have been incarcerated rebuild their lives and rejoin the workforce,” said Kristopher Lucas, chief operating officer at CareerSource Pinellas. “Pinellas County’s unemployment rate is currently lower than both the Tampa Bay region’s and Florida’s – this can be a win-win situation for employers who are struggling to fill positions and for job seekers who need a second chance.”
Nearly 700,000 individuals are released from prison each year. But too often, they are denied the opportunity to put their skills to work due to deeply rooted biases and harmful misperceptions.
“Organizations that are unwilling to hire the formerly incarcerated are missing out on a variety of benefits, including building an inclusive, diverse, and successful workplace, access to a widely available pool of talented workers, demonstrating good corporate citizenship, and building stronger communities,” said Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., president and CEO of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
Employers on-site include:
- FedEx Ground
- Bama Sea Products
- Pinellas County Government
- TSE Industries
- Neighborly Care Network
- Freedom Square of Seminole
- Southeast Energy Consultants
Other organizations providing support services will also be present, including:
- BayCare(offering free blood pressure, cholesterol, and other health screenings)
- Clearwater Neighborhood Housing Services
- Bay Pines VA Healthcare System
- Gold Medal Dads/Father Services
- Florida Department of Health-Pinellas County (free COVID, flu, and hepatitis A vaccines)
- Dedicated Senior Medical Center (offering hygiene items)
- Gulfcoast Legal Services
- Empath Health (offering free HIV/hepatitis C testing)
- Humana (bringing 100 free bags of food)
- VoteRiders(helping people to get identification for free)
- FINAO Brand Apparel
- Petersburg Free Clinic
- Pinellas Technical College
- Petersburg College
Businesses and organizations wishing to register for a table on Tuesday, June 14 should complete this registration form.
There is no registration for individuals connecting with employers and services on-site. Please contact Melissa Ehrhardt at 727-608-2426 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
For more information about workforce development in Pinellas County, visit careersourcepinellas.com.