(Family Features) Popular in restaurants across the country, Brazilian — or churrasco-style — barbecue is making a move to the backyard, as cited in the McCormick Flavor Forecast® 2014: Grilling Edition. It’s a natural fit for patio gatherings, especially those cheering on a team during soccer’s biggest tournament.
The long skewers of slow-roasted meat common in Brazilian restaurants are surprisingly easy to recreate at home. By incorporating zesty seasonings and using a quick marinating technique, grillers can easily create tender roasted meat bursting with Latin American flavor.
“This take on Brazilian barbecue has all the elements of great summer party food — it’s served on individual skewers, takes minutes to make, and is a great way to get all your guests in the soccer spirit,” said Chef Kevan Vetter of the McCormick Kitchens. “My favorite part of this recipe is the five-minute marinade — just massage the marinade into the meat to pack in the flavor, eliminating additional time in the fridge.”
Have some Brazilian barbecue tips and recipes of your own? Share with us at www.FlavorofTogether.com or on social channels using #FlavorStory. For every story shared, McCormick will donate $1 to United Way to help feed those in need as part of its 125thAnniversary.
For more Brazilian recipes and ideas, from spicy guava chicken wings to chimichurri potato salad, visit www.grillingflavorforecast.com and www.pinterest.com/mccormickspice, or join the Grillerhood at www.facebook.com/grillmates.
Brazilian-Style Garlic-Cilantro Steak Skewers
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates® Garlic Herb & Wine Marinade
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Mix marinade mix, oil, water, cilantro, vinegar and pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Add steak; turn to coat well. Massage steak in marinade for 4 to 5 minutes, so meat absorbs marinade.
- Remove steak from marinade. Thread steak onto long double skewers. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Grill steak over medium-high heat 5 minutes per side or until desired doneness. Sprinkle steak with remaining Parmesan cheese.