College Prep at Eckerd College offers students a guided opportunity to investigate the broad array of what college does, how it does it, and what college provides. Registration is open.
ST. PETERSBURG – College is a period of rapid transition, and dramatic transformation as students begin to explore independence and evaluate their traditions, values, perspectives, hopes, and visions for their future.
Eckerd College is excited to announce the launch of a new residential College Prep summer program. Building on the success of existing Pre-College programming, College Prep at Eckerd will offer students a guided opportunity to investigate the broad array of what college does, how it does it, and what college offers them from July 10-15.
In partnership with the City of St. Petersburg, the summer 2022 College Prep at Eckerd cohort will be open exclusively to students who meet the following criteria:
- Live in St. Petersburg
- Rising Junior or Senior (Fall 2022)
- Maximum annual household income of $78,800 (est. family of 4)
Students enrolled in this program will:
- Stay in Eckerd College student residence halls
- Practice navigating life as an autonomous adult in a college setting
- Prepare for the academic rigor of college through accelerated course work in a liberal arts subject
- Complete assessments to expand self-awareness
- Draft a resume, college application, and admissions essay with mentorship from Eckerd Faculty
- Explore on/off-campus resources for support
- Enjoy evening activities led by our residential counselors and more!
College Prep at Eckerd includes free participation in and transportation for all sessions, activities, labs, program supplies, field trips, entrance fees, use of college recreational facilities, meals, lodging, and snacks. Students are responsible for all personal supplies necessary for their stay on campus.
Students are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and there is limited space. Register today at eckerd.edu/precollege/collegeprep.
For more information, please email Courtney Smith, executive director of Continuing Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 727-864-8312.