ST. PETERSBURG — The St. Petersburg Arts Alliance, in partnership with the Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs, is accepting applications for the Individual Artist Grant Program. Now, in its fifth year, these 15 grants are intended to provide financial assistance to St. Pete resident artists for specific projects.
The program is designed to support public engagement (if COVID guidelines allow) of individual work/projects in the visual arts, craft arts, dance, music, theater or literature. The applicant’s resume must show commitment to the art form through education, training, or professional experience and must show evidence of exhibition, public performance, or being published during the past two years.
The grant period is May 1, 2021, through Sept. 18, 2021. Applicants may request funding up to $1,000. The complete application and guidelines are online at stpeteartsalliance.org.
Be creative! The program is designed to support public engagement of individual artists’ work/projects in the visual/craft arts, dance, music, theater or literature.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Artists who have received an award within the past two years are not eligible for 2021 grant funds.
- Applicant must be a legal resident of St. Petersburg and is expected to continue their residency in the city of St. Petersburg following the grant award.
- Students pursuing any degree or full-time faculty in higher education are not eligible for college or university projects. Faculty may apply if it is for a separate creative business.
- “Accomplished” status may be determined by artistic resume, training, or achievement; catalogs; programs, press clips, and/or articles.
- The applicant’s resume must show commitment to the art form through education, training, or professional experience and must show evidence of exhibition, public performance, or being published during the past two years.
- Non-profit arts organizations are not eligible for this grant and should apply to the City of St. Petersburg’s Arts Grants Program.
Grant period and amount
- The grant period is May 1-Sept. 18
- You may request funding up to $1,000.
- All projects should have a Sept. 18 end date; however, the date may be extended if a community engagement part of the program must occur after that date.
- Grant funds may not be requested for expenditures before May 1.