PINELLAS COUNTY — If you were ordered to evacuate from your home for a hurricane, could you easily and quickly collect all of your important documents for transport? Your important papers include everything from your driver’s license to your homeowner’s insurance policy.
By spending some time now, you can ensure that you will have everything you need if you must evacuate.
Personal papers to take with you:
- Driver’s license or ID card
- Important numbers and emergency contacts
- Credit cards and list of creditors
- Medical records and blood type
- Prescription information (list of medications, dosage, prescription numbers, etc.)
- Doctor’s contact information
- Cash and bank account numbers
- List of savings and investments, including CDs, stocks, bonds and mutual funds
- Household inventory: paper copy, photos, video tape or computer disk
- List of insurance policies with name of company, type of policy and policy number
- Copy of wills, trust documents and living wills
- Titles for your house, car and other property
- Birth, marriage, divorce, death and adoption certificates, and passports
- List of family advisors, such as accountant, attorney and religious leader
- Educational and military records
- Other special papers that would be difficult or impossible to replace if lost
For more information, log on to https://bit.ly/hurricanedocs
Pinellas County Emergency Operations Center Department of Emergency Management – 727-464-3800
During an emergency activation, call the Citizen Information Center at (727) 464-4333.