PINELLAS COUNTY — Following a call with Pinellas County Emergency Management and the National Weather Service, Pinellas County Schools and district offices will be CLOSED on Thursday, Nov. 10, and will reopen Friday, Nov. 11. All afterschool activities scheduled for Thursday will also be canceled (events scheduled for Nov. 9 and 11 will occur a scheduled).
At this time, the National Weather Service expects Pinellas County to experience tropical storm-force winds on Thursday morning when students and staff travel to school and work. Bridges may be closed during the morning commute hours, and Pinellas may experience localized power outages. Although meteorologists do expect our area to clear in the afternoon, morning weather conditions may not allow students and staff to travel safely.
As a result of tomorrow’s closure, the district will have to schedule a make-up date to meet statutorily required instructional hours. Information on a make-up date, which will be scheduled for a day during the second semester, will be announced later.
All updates, including school closure information, will be shared using the following methods:
- A recorded phone message to all employees and families
- Email message to all employees and families
- Text message to all registered users (opt-in by texting YES to 67587)
- Information posted on the district website: pcsb.org/weather
- Information posted on district’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts
- Information will be shared with local TV, radio, print, and online news outlets
- Call the Emergency Information Phone Line at (727) 588-6424 to hear a recorded update