Didn’t file a tax return last year? You may still be eligible for COVID-19 Crisis related Economic Impact Payment

According to the Internal Revenue Service, you may still be eligible for an Economic Impact Payment even if you didn’t file last year if you meet certain requirements. If you meet certain requirements, you can click on the blue box labeled “Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here.”

Who is eligible for the Economic Impact Payment?

U.S. citizens or resident aliens who:

  • Have a valid Social Security number
  • Could not be claimed as a dependent of another taxpayer
  • Had adjusted gross income under certain limits

Who should use “Non-Filers: Enter Payment Here” to provide additional information to receive the Economic Impact Payment?

Eligible U.S. citizens or permanent residents who:

  • Had gross income that did not exceed $12,200 ($24,400 for married couples) for 2019
  • Were not otherwise required to file a federal income tax return for 2019, and didn’t plan to

When you provide the required information, the IRS will determine your eligibility and payment amount you are entitled to receive. You won’t need to take any additional action – just wait for the check like everybody else. You will need to provide:

  • Your full name, current mailing address and an email address
  • Your date of birth and valid Social Security number
  • A bank account number and routing number — if you have one, otherwise, they will send you a check.
  • The Identity Protection Personal Identification Number (IP PIN) you received from the IRS earlier this year — if you have one
  • Your driver’s license or state-issued ID — if you have one
  • For each of your qualifying child(ren): name, Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number, and their relationship to you or your spouse

Steps to apply:

Click on blue box, “Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here.”  This will take you from the IRS site to Free File Fillable Forms, a certified IRS partner. This site is safe and secure.

Follow these steps in order to provide your information:

  • Create an account by providing your email address and phone number; create a user ID and password.
  • You will be directed to a screen where you will input your filing status (Single or Married filing jointly) and personal information.
  • Make sure you have a valid Social Security number for you (and your spouse if you were married at the end of 2019) unless you are filing “Married Filing Jointly” with a 2019 member of the military. Make sure you have a valid Social Security number or Adoption Taxpayer Identification Number for each dependent you want to claim for the Economic Impact Payment.
  • Check the “box” if someone can claim you as a dependent or your spouse as a dependent.
  • Complete your bank information (otherwise they will send you a check).
  • You will be directed to another screen where you will enter personal information to verify yourself. You will need your driver’s license (or state-issued ID) information. If you don’t have one, leave it blank.

You will receive an email from customer service at Free File Fillable Forms that either acknowledges you have successfully submitted your information, or that tells you there is a problem and how to correct it. Free File Fillable forms will use the information to automatically complete a Form 1040 and transmit it to the IRS to compute and send you a payment.

Click here to apply.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

scroll to top