BY DR. KANIKA TOMALIN, Deputy Mayor
ST. PETERSBURG –The City of St. Petersburg, Pinellas County and the emerging Tampa Bay region are facing a critical test regarding our shared future. As we define the future of transit in our community we determine just how far many in our community will be able to go – literally and figuratively.
This November, voters will be asked to:
- Eliminate the Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority’s property tax,
- Increase bus service by 65 percent,
- Add bus rapid transit lines in most major Pinellas corridors,
- Add longer service hours for existing transit options and,
- Imagine a sophisticated transit future that includes passenger light rail.